Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Retirement, and Farewell cakes!

The week I came home from vacation I had two cakes to get done, one for my Uncle's Mom's retirement party, and one for my good friend Kate Spillane who is leaving to attend grad school at Duke!!!! So they were both big occasions. Kate's party was held in AC and was a great time, she loved her cake but had nothing to cut it with! So people literally dug into it! Wish I had taken a photo of that. Happy Retirement Carol, and Farewell and good luck to Kate!!!!!

The school colors where Carol worked were blue and red... so this cake is very patriotic






Carol's cake was Funfetti, and vanilla buttercream icing

For Katie's cake I used a vintage Duke blue devil logo for the shadows of the blue devil.








Kate's cake was funfetti, and Oreo butter cream icing.

No comments: