Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Surprise 50th Birthday Cake

Next weekend is my friend Papp's mom's 50th birthday, and she wants a special cake for her. She has a surprise party planned out, and she asked me if I would make her mom a cake. She was pretty vague with exactly what she wanted, she gave me two specifics, her mom's favorite color, which is teal, and that she loves red velvet cake. A lot of help right?

This is what I came up with.



Each tier is a little different, but i tried to tie them all in together. The top tier is Red velvet cake with Chocolate chip Buttercream icing. The middle tier is yellow cake, with peanut butter cream icing, and lastly the bottom layer is again red velvet, but this time with double chocolate chip peanut butter cream icing. This is subject to change if Papp doesn't like something. But here it is as a general outline of what I will be making.

Pictures of the actual cake to come soon!

No comments: