Monday, August 15, 2011

Cake for my Aunt


This past week i had a special cake to make, my Aunt Barb just finished radiation treatments, and we threw her a party this saturday, and I was very happy to make a cake for the event! This week was crazy as could be, there's been a lot of changes going on, i got a new job on top of my full time job and caking, so I have been trying to fit in training, working, working out, working on the cake, and spending time with friends for birthdays and just in general. But I got everything done in time, and I think it turned out very nice, and my mom sent me a text after I left the party that everyone loved the cake, and that it tasted as good as it looked. Which is always an amazing compliment.

I am so happy my aunt is done, and hopefully everything is good from here on out. But of course keep her in your thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

And now for the cake! I kept it pretty simple since it was for a big crowd. The cake flavor was vanilla funfetti. The top tier had vanilla icing, and the bottom oreo filling.




No comments: